#1 - ICE CREAM. We are in the heat of summer so I know you love some good ice cream just like me. I LOVE getting ice cream at a cute ice cream shop, but we all know you end up paying an arm & a leg for that one scoop which ends up more than you would pay for an entire carton at the grocery. The other night me & the Hubs headed out to grab the ohhh-so-practical carton at Kroger and I stumbled upon what might be my favorite flavor EVER. Doesn't this sound simply AMAZING??? And I think the flavor title is ridiculous... 'Double Dunker.' What's currently your favorite ice cream flavor?
'Mocha ice cream swirled with chewy cookie dough and crunchy chocolate cookie swirl.'
Yes, please.
Yes, please.
#2 CONSIGNED KIDS CLOTHES. Yesterday I stopped by my favorite kids consignment store and it dawned on me... I don't think I ever want to pay full price for kids clothes. Ever. There are SO many great clothes, adorable ones I might add, that are at consignment stores or consignment sales. And let's face it, Jake is growing like a weed and already wearing 12-month clothes so our budget cannot really take the hit for a whole new wardrobe of brand new clothes every single month (because yes, that is the track he's been on so far). I've been on the hunt for a bathing suit that will fit him cuz the one he had for this summer officially does not fit around his belly anymore & I found one yesterday for $2.50. Perfect. It's solid red w/ navy stripe down the side. Board shorts, baby. He's ready for the beach... next Saturday can't come soon enough. :)
#3 PEACHES. The past couple weeks Kroger has had peaches on sale for 99cents/lb. Let's just say I've eaten a TON of peaches and I still love them! Can't wait to make homemade peach ice cream at the beach, whew seriously can't wait for that.

#4 THE HELP. I haven't read this book yet, but I've heard great things about it and the movie is coming out in a couple weeks. It looks pretty good. It made it to this 'favorite' list because it's my favorite anticipated movie right now. Has anyone read the book?
http://thehelpmovie.com/us/
#5 HOUSE SHOWINGS. This should probably be #1 on the list. I LOVE when we have house showings... not cuz I have to clean the house & I feel super frazzled each time, but because it means we are one step closer to selling the casa. We've had 12 showings in the past 14 days. The average is 6 showings per month in the Cary area in our price range. We are so glad this many people want to come see the house! We don't have any offers yet, but we are praying it will happen soon.
Yesterday we had 2 showings and one group of people left a little surprise in our frig! For the life of me, I couldn't figure out where the leftovers from Bravo came from because #1) I've never been there & #2) I would never order this random pasta dish with a ton of mushrooms. Yep, leave it to the people who checked out our house! I assume they didn't want the food to go bad in the car so they just brought them inside and put them in our frig and forgot to grab them on their way out. Our realtor said he's never heard of this happening before! :)
#6 STARBUCKS TREAT. Yes, my guilty pleasure is currently an iced white mocha, no whip, decaf (have to cuz of the kid). I never know what order to tell this to the Starbucks guy. He always repeats all the words back to me in a different order so I assume I told him everything in the wrong order, but when they hand me this cup of goodness all worries go out the window. Love drinkin all these calories! Probably should always go for a run on days I drink this... which brings me to #7...

#7 RUNNING WITH A BUDDY. So the training for the half marathon has been underway for about a month or so. I'm up to 3 miles now. The other day I ran with Jen and can I just say it's wayyyyy better running with a buddy! Lately, I've tried to run in the morning to avoid dying from this insane heat so it's been just me & the handy ipod running around the neighborhood. When Jen & I ran together, it went by wayyyy faster though. My brother has volunteered to run with me at the beach, which will be awesome. I might just have to find a buddy to run with me out in TN (if we ever actually move out there).
#8 LA FARM BAKERY. Hands down this is my favorite bakery... favorite breakfast place... favorite coffee. They have a ton of samples of different breads to try. I've never been to France but I hear this place is pretty authentic. They have peach mango sweet tea! What could be better?!? Their latte reminds me of Argentine cafe con leche that I used to get in La Plata all the time. Basically if money was no thing, I would go to La Farm every day. (it's a little pricey). You should definitely splurge & treat yourself to this yummy goodness.

#3 PEACHES. The past couple weeks Kroger has had peaches on sale for 99cents/lb. Let's just say I've eaten a TON of peaches and I still love them! Can't wait to make homemade peach ice cream at the beach, whew seriously can't wait for that.
#4 THE HELP. I haven't read this book yet, but I've heard great things about it and the movie is coming out in a couple weeks. It looks pretty good. It made it to this 'favorite' list because it's my favorite anticipated movie right now. Has anyone read the book?
http://thehelpmovie.com/us/
#5 HOUSE SHOWINGS. This should probably be #1 on the list. I LOVE when we have house showings... not cuz I have to clean the house & I feel super frazzled each time, but because it means we are one step closer to selling the casa. We've had 12 showings in the past 14 days. The average is 6 showings per month in the Cary area in our price range. We are so glad this many people want to come see the house! We don't have any offers yet, but we are praying it will happen soon.
Yesterday we had 2 showings and one group of people left a little surprise in our frig! For the life of me, I couldn't figure out where the leftovers from Bravo came from because #1) I've never been there & #2) I would never order this random pasta dish with a ton of mushrooms. Yep, leave it to the people who checked out our house! I assume they didn't want the food to go bad in the car so they just brought them inside and put them in our frig and forgot to grab them on their way out. Our realtor said he's never heard of this happening before! :)
#6 STARBUCKS TREAT. Yes, my guilty pleasure is currently an iced white mocha, no whip, decaf (have to cuz of the kid). I never know what order to tell this to the Starbucks guy. He always repeats all the words back to me in a different order so I assume I told him everything in the wrong order, but when they hand me this cup of goodness all worries go out the window. Love drinkin all these calories! Probably should always go for a run on days I drink this... which brings me to #7...
#7 RUNNING WITH A BUDDY. So the training for the half marathon has been underway for about a month or so. I'm up to 3 miles now. The other day I ran with Jen and can I just say it's wayyyyy better running with a buddy! Lately, I've tried to run in the morning to avoid dying from this insane heat so it's been just me & the handy ipod running around the neighborhood. When Jen & I ran together, it went by wayyyy faster though. My brother has volunteered to run with me at the beach, which will be awesome. I might just have to find a buddy to run with me out in TN (if we ever actually move out there).
#8 LA FARM BAKERY. Hands down this is my favorite bakery... favorite breakfast place... favorite coffee. They have a ton of samples of different breads to try. I've never been to France but I hear this place is pretty authentic. They have peach mango sweet tea! What could be better?!? Their latte reminds me of Argentine cafe con leche that I used to get in La Plata all the time. Basically if money was no thing, I would go to La Farm every day. (it's a little pricey). You should definitely splurge & treat yourself to this yummy goodness.
#9 OLD FRIENDS. Old friendships are so special! I love when you can catchup right where you left off no matter how long it's been since you've seen them, and over the years you've made so many memories. They know too much about you and you know too much about them. :)
This week was filled with sweet time with old friends. I was able to have lunch with Jennifer on Tuesday, which was so great. She married the wonderful Rance Shuler last fall & moved to Robbinsville, NC. Since then, we haven't gotten to see each other as much so it was SO fun to catchup. I've known Jennifer since freshman year of college (wow, 10 years). Tuesday afternoon I had a playdate with Megan and Wayne (posted pics a few days ago). Megan and I have been friends for 8-9 years (since college)! And last night, I got to have dinner with Cassandra! Love that she moved from WV down to Cary 4 years ago. We've known each other since Argentina so it's been 6 years. Today Matt & Natalie Felton, who live in Oklahoma now, stopped by since they are in town for a few days. Matt & Chris have been best friends since college and Matt & Nat are expecting a sweet baby girl. All these people are so encouraging and point Chris and I towards Christ!
#10 MY BOYS. Of course I had to include the 2 boys who melt my heart each day. Chris and Jacob. Aren't they studs?!?! Don't know what I would do without them.

K there you have it. Enough of me rambling for one day! All my favorites. Oh and if I added favorite TV show, it may or may not be Swamp People. Good thing we don't have cable cuz its addicting & I got hooked at my parents house. Willie is crazy. Officially crazy. Don't judge me. :)
This week was filled with sweet time with old friends. I was able to have lunch with Jennifer on Tuesday, which was so great. She married the wonderful Rance Shuler last fall & moved to Robbinsville, NC. Since then, we haven't gotten to see each other as much so it was SO fun to catchup. I've known Jennifer since freshman year of college (wow, 10 years). Tuesday afternoon I had a playdate with Megan and Wayne (posted pics a few days ago). Megan and I have been friends for 8-9 years (since college)! And last night, I got to have dinner with Cassandra! Love that she moved from WV down to Cary 4 years ago. We've known each other since Argentina so it's been 6 years. Today Matt & Natalie Felton, who live in Oklahoma now, stopped by since they are in town for a few days. Matt & Chris have been best friends since college and Matt & Nat are expecting a sweet baby girl. All these people are so encouraging and point Chris and I towards Christ!
#10 MY BOYS. Of course I had to include the 2 boys who melt my heart each day. Chris and Jacob. Aren't they studs?!?! Don't know what I would do without them.
K there you have it. Enough of me rambling for one day! All my favorites. Oh and if I added favorite TV show, it may or may not be Swamp People. Good thing we don't have cable cuz its addicting & I got hooked at my parents house. Willie is crazy. Officially crazy. Don't judge me. :)
Hahaha... I loved your favorite things. Daniel and I just read the whole post together. Your drink is also my favorite splurge at starbucks, the bakery sounds wonderful and we love Willie too. haha
ReplyDelete