It's crazy to think that I've got to start planning this kiddo's first birthday partyyyyy! Man, the time flies by. Our little guy is 11 month old today!
I love how his personality is developing. He is such a HAM, cheesing all the time and putting on that smile for the ladies (especially if they are over 35 yrs old... ahem, watch out Jake). He knows how to charm all the older women... gets them to stare at him and make cutsie noises and he'll stare back and at the last second, SMILE huge & show em those teeth, and of course it melts their heart every time. I have no clue where he learns stuff like this. ;) (ummm maybe 'like father, like son' as they say)
...and maybe he's learned quickly to put his best side forward.
(how many pictures of Chris do yall have like this? lean forward, booty stuck out for all to see)
Jacob is quite fearless these days. He wants to go down the slide headfirst. He's very curious & opens all the kitchen cabinets he can get his hands into. He wants to be with people instead of playing alone. He's really happy & smiley. He lovessss music. Loves to dance around living room with mom. If you tickle him, he gets that belly laugh going every time. He's picked up 2 new, fun not-so-fun habits... biting & pulling out my hair. He can be entertained for hours with the box of Tupperware (as long as we're in the room). His biggest achievement in the past month would be walking! He's learning that it's much easier to walk somewhere than crawl.
Jacob has tried some new foods this month... pasta, string cheese, green beans, peas. He loves them all. He also has realized that it's super fun to play peek-a-boo under the table. When we disappear under the table he'll quickly look under with a goofy grin on his face...
Any time he's fussy, I take him outside and immediately he gets in a good mood. He LOVES being outside. Lately, I've taken him running with me most mornings after breakfast & before his first nap. He will sit still the whole time & just look at everything going by him... trees, people walking their dogs, houses, cars, etc. He also looooves the park. He climbs up the stairs by himself while I follow behind him and then he tries to go head-first down the slide at the top. He likes the swing too, as you can see from the pic.
He's learning to wave, too (sorta). He sticks his hand out in the air when he's excited to see someone/something, but he doesn't know how to truly wave yet. :)
He's healthy and growing strong. We have so much to be thankful for! He'll be measured again when we go to the doctor for his one year checkup so I'm not sure exactly how much he weighs right now. All I know is that he's eating great & sleeping well (2 naps during day, 8pm till 7/730am at night). He's wearing 12-18 mo clothes still. I need to buy him some more shoes soon since he's on the go so much (maybe not ones with laces because he can pull those off, ha ... live & learn). His cheeks are still chunky and kissable, and he gets a ton of lovin' because of them. We love our little man so much!! Happy 11 months buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment