Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Monday, September 15, 2014

Jacob - precious prayer


Oh how this precious child stretches me & draws me to Jesus.
He's opposite than me in so many ways and I'm challenged daily by being his momma.
He's never met a stranger and welcomes everyone into his world.
He loves people & talks to everyone.
(Every.single.person.)
He's passionate & fearless & bold & energetic & loud.
I love this little guy so much and I'm so grateful for his big, honest heart.

Tonight as we were tucking him into bed, I got to hear his heart as he prayed and it brought tears to my eyes because what he prayed is so true for all believers...


'Dear Jesus, thank you for giving me a new heart.  
I'm sorry for disobey you, but I'm just learning.  
It's really really hard but I'm trying to be kind. Amen.'

Sweet Jacob, Thank you for reminding me of the amazing gift of salvation & a new heart!  I am SO excited that you have asked Jesus to give you a new heart!!  We have prayed for this for so long! It's the greatest gift you will ever receive and I am blown away by God's faithfulness.  We are all on this journey of learning how to walk with Jesus more intimately & how to live in obedience.  And it's hard!  Really really hard!  Our time on this earth will be filled with fighting sin and it's a long path set before us but we have the Lord to help us & the Spirit to guide us & God's forgiveness and grace, and He gives us true eternal hope.  With tears in my eyes, Jacob, I want to say thank you.  Thank you for being honest and encouraging me with your words.  Thank you for asking questions about heaven and Jesus.  Thank you for letting me hear you pray, your sweet voice praying to Jesus... because it's one of my favorite things in the world.  I love hearing your precious heart.  It's such a JOY to be your mom! I love you!


'Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.'  Psalm 127:3

I just love those dirty hands & that missing tooth & sweet smile from my big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment