May I introduce you to the lovely ladies who are running the half marathon with me. From left to right, Kelly Hovis... Brittany Salmon... Jen Armstrong. These girls are SO great and they are such an encouragement to me! They answer all my random running questions and more importantly they are sweet sisters in Christ who encourage me in the Gospel.
Random thoughts: As I train for this half, I'm sure I'll continue to need these ladies to stand beside me & cheer me on (& keep telling me that 13 miles isn't impossible like I tend to think it is), just like the body of Christ needs each member to cheer each other on as we run the race set before us. The church needs each other. How often I struggle with critical speech or judgmental thoughts or a negative outlook which disables me from being able to cheer on other believers. It's harmful to not only myself but those around me. This marathon will definitely be a physical battle for me, but I'm sure a ton of the struggle will be mental. May I allow my mind and speech to be positive so I can focus on the goal of getting to that finish line & to encourage these ladies and those around me!
SO SO SO SO SO excited to run with you. You are going to be awesome girl! :)
ReplyDeleteLove you!