Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Summary

We had a great weekend celebrating Father's Day with both sets of family!! Friday night we had a fun cookout at the house with Ed & Ellen. Steaks and potatoes and green beans and cake... doesn't get much better than that! We took Jake for a walk around the neighborhood after dinner since it was so nice outside. (forgot to take pics, sorry!)

Saturday morning Jake & I had breakfast with Uncle Dave and his crew from NCSU. They went yardsaling all morning so we just met them for breakfast at La Farm Bakery.... simply amazing. The BEST cafe con leche (aka latte) in Cary if you ask me.

Saturday afternoon we made our way to Greensboro to hangout with the Sears crew. Carolyn (my sister who gets ridiculous nicknames made up by Chris) has the amazing gift of baking. She often bakes people cakes for their birthday present because the cakes are THAT good and people request them. For Father's Day, she made a Hershey's Cake... check it out. It was delish!



Sunday we headed to church as a fam & grilled out at the house for lunch to celebrate Father's Day. Chris and I went to play golf in the afternoon with my Dad, which was so fun. I LOVE being on a golf course. It's so relaxing & peaceful to me ...Reminds me of growing up. Before we headed back to Raleigh, I had to check out the blueberry supply on the bushes that line their driveway. This is what I found ...



So I had to bring this home...


Yummmmm! LOVE fresh blueberries.

Jake likes them too. Can you tell? (my attempt at capturing his smile on camera)


No comments:

Post a Comment