I had a bunch of blueberries in the frig so I tried this recipe a couple days ago, and it turned out really well. I LOVE allrecipes.com because you can see people's reviews. I never try a recipe that doesn't have at least 500 reviews & rated 4.5 (out of 5)... ummm yeah I live on the edge, I know. If that many people love it, I figure I can probably make it. Ha. Check it out here to see what others said about it. I added a brown suger/oatmeal crumble on top which added more sugar.... perfect.
Ingredients
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared mini-loaf pans.
- Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
Have you been introduced to the Pioneer Woman yet?!?! She will change your life. Seriously. Her story is amazing & she has a great blog that has recipes & photography & she's HILarious. How does this sound... Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta??? Yep, your mouth is watering, I knew it. I've tried this recipe a couple times and it's a fav of the Hubs. I decrease the amount of lemon a little. Let me know what you think about this summer goodness.
Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta

Ingredients
- 4 whole Grilled Chicken Breasts, Sliced
- 1 pound Penne Pasta, Cooked Until Al Dente
- ½ sticks Butter
- 3 whole Lemons, Juiced
- ¾ cups Heavy Cream
- ¼ cups Half-and-half
- 1-½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (or Romano)
- Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
- 20 whole Basil Leaves, Chopped
Directions
Cook pasta, reserving 1 cup of hot pasta water when you drain. Set pasta aside in a colander.
In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Squeeze in the juice of 3 to 4 lemons. Whisk together. Pour in cream and half-and-heat. Whisk until hot. Dump in cheese and whisk until melted. Add salt and pepper. Check consistency, adding some of the hot pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed.
Pour pasta and sauce into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining basil all over the top, then add sliced chicken breasts. Serve immediately!
Matt just texted me your blog link...and I'm soo glad! :) Love all the posts and pics of your little man! Now I can actually see what he looks like!
ReplyDeletemmm i wanna try that! it's on my list.
ReplyDeletei have made that same blueberry/zucchini bread and it's so good! and i am obsessed with the lemon basil pasta! remember when we made it together in DC with Lindsey!? it's one of our fave's too! yum!
ReplyDelete