Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Playdates!!! (Child's & Carruth's)

Playdate with the Child's in Nashville


Last week, Chris & I & Jacob made the trip out to Nashville, TN. It was Jacob's first time on an airplane and he was such a stud. I was impressed. I wasn't too nervous about him behaving on the flights, but of course I got a few of the glares from people that silently scream 'You better not let your baby cry this whole flight'... as if I had control of that. ha. While we were out there, we got to hangout with James & Callie & their sweet girls. It was so good to spend a few days with them and visit their church... which we LOVED. I was SO encouraged by the sermon and all the fun people we met there.


When we got off the plane we headed out in our spiffy rental car to find some food. We landed at Taco Co. which was so good. It may or may not have torn our stomachs up about 12 hours later, but it tasted good going down. Here is the studly Hubs at lunch.


James & Callie took us to downtown Franklin that afternoon. It's adorable! I promise you would love it. We strolled around with the kiddos & checked out the shops along the way.


We ate at Puchett's Grocery & Restaurant, which is FABULOUS. If you are ever near Franklin, you definitely have to go eat here. Such an eclectic place with live music most nights. The food was delish. Chris got this BBQ sandwich which makes my mouth water just looking at the picture.


We also go to explore the Nashville area when Chris was done working on Monday/Tuesday evenings. Here we are strolling around Vanderbilt campus. Doesn't this sorta look like the White House is behind him?! Ha. Just a random building on campus. No big deal.


Overall we had a fantastic trip to Nashville! Hopefully we'll be out there again verrrrry soon. :)



Playdate with the Carruth's in Durham

We got to hangout with Paul & Katie & sweet Hudson last Friday. Hudson is growing so much already! Love that little boy! Katie has decorated his nursery perfectly of course. The yellow & white curtains are my fav. I'm sure this little guy will always have an awesome room. It's so fun to watch Katie and Paul love on Hudson! Here we are with the kiddos. So fun to walk through another season of life with Katie. We have been bff for the past 9 years! :)



The boys already have similar hobbies!
Snoozin' in the carseats.
They are destined to be real friends one day.


Can you feel all the love???


Hudson must have requested a head massage?!?


Thanks Katie & Paul & Hudson for a fun visit!
Link

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just tried to send you a long comment- but i think it deleted- let me know if you didnt get it and I will rewrite:) Love the blog- Liz

    ReplyDelete