Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's TIME...

Yep, that's right. It's time for the wonderful HALF MARATHON!!! Can't believe it. All this running & stretching & drinkin water & eating Cliff bars will hopefully pay off on Saturday so I don't black out from exhaustion somewhere on the course. :)

Chris is the photographer for the weekend as well as the babysitter, so check back next week to see some pics of the big event. If I'm going to be honest, I have NO clue what to expect because I've never ran in a race before... much less a race with 23,000 people. My goal is to finish & feel like I gave it my all. I don't care a lick about time, and I'd like to run (ok jog) the whole way if possible. My left knee has been giving me this lovely sharp pain under my kneecap when I hit about the 3 mile mark during most runs lately, so if the knee holds together maybe I can keep running the whole way. I'm really excited though! Running a half marathon has sorta been on my unspoken bucket list of things I'd like to do one day so here goes nuttin...


No comments:

Post a Comment