Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Welcome to the Farm


The 'Farm' is the lovely place where my parents currently call home. It's where I visit every couple weeks when Chris is out of town, and it's where you can be completely relaxed after being there for 5 minutes. Since I've been out there a lot lately and the trees are gorgeous right now, I thought I'd give you a little tour. I didn't get to capture the view of the lake, but here is a little summary of most everything else.



Here is the back of the house. Sorry, I didn't get a pic of the front.
Don't you love the bright red curtains in my brother's room downstairs?! Ha. :)



This is Dad's shop, where most of the furniture that's in our house was created.
(thanks Dad! You're the best)
The little house is where the well is. No city water out in the country, yall.


Here is the barn.
Nope, no animals in this barn.
Just lots and lots of wood. :)
LOVE the blueberry bushes & rose bushes that line the driveway.




Speaking of wood,
You'll see a lot of this at the farm...




...because the buildings are heated by a wood burner.
In the winter, you can always walk outside and smell the scent of campfire.





Here is the arbor that has muscadine grapes during the late summer/early fall.




You'll find new tractors...




...and old tractors.




Gardening has become a way of life out at the farm.
There are lots of fresh tomatoes & corn & broccoli, etc. depending on the season.
There are always pretty flowers year-round, too.




And as you're heading out the front door, Piper will give you those sad eyes that say
'Come back soon!'



Thanks for taking a visit of the Farm!
Everyone loves the farm, including Jakester.
Let us know if you ever want to go with us!




3 comments:

  1. marie that is amazing! gorgeous. we should do a mommy trip while the boys are working :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... I need to come along on this mommy trip too. Me and Piper would be BFF...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, Jake would LOVE a little road trip with all da ladies! :) And Piper would be in heaven if you would come give her some lovin, Brit. If you show her attention for 5 min, she'll follow you around everywhere for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete