Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Jacob 8 Month Update




Our little Jakester is 8 months old now and he's such a bundle of joy! 

He LOVES to laugh.  He'll crack himself up over nothing.  Yesterday he decided it was hilarious that I was doing sit-ups.  I know situps don't happen all that often in my world, but he thought it was hysterical!  He was sitting next to me belly-laughing for a good 5 minutes.  He loves to be tickled and he'll get that huge grin on his face and then the cackle follows close behind.  A baby's laugh is so special; it can make you smile no matter what is going on around you.

His first word was 'Mama'.  He says it mainly when he's tired/whiny or when he first wakes up in the morning.  I'm not sure he knows it's me that he's referring to but I think he knows that word gets him picked up & held. 

He's getting pretty good at the army crawl.  He'll scoot himself across the room if he's focused on something he wants.  Determined little booger.  Typically his destination is the TV remote, my cellphone, a shiny ornament on the Christmas tree, black cord from the computer charger, or the shoelaces on running shoes.  When I see he's on the move, I have to quickly find one of those 5 items & move it before he gets to it.  

He hasn't been weighed since his 6 month appt but I think he's about the same as he was last month.  Might be a little longer because he feels like he's thinned out a little.  He's still wearing 12- 18 month clothes.  

We gave him Cheerios the other day for the first time.  That was a hilarious mess!  I wasn't sure how he'd do with the small motor skills necessary to pick it up, but he did ok. Some of them made it to his mouth and others ended up on the floor.  A few even were swallowed!  He's loving his baby food as long as I don't give him too much 'garden veges'  or 'sweet peas'.  He has a sweet tooth like his mama... likes the sweet fruits over the vegetables.  He can down a can of applesauce or pears in record time.  

So grateful for sweet Jacob!  It's so fun to spend Christmas with a little one in our arms this year.







No comments:

Post a Comment