Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chris' ACL surgery

Back in August, Chris tore his ACL playing basketball.  Through this process, I've learned that you can function without your ACL because Chris has lived life for the past 4 months without one.  It snapped in half and after today it's all fixed!  He has been limited to walking & bike riding for exercise so I know he'll be glad to get back out on the bball court.  Here is a pic of my studly hubby right before they knocked him out.

I'm sure you're wondering if Chris said any hilarious things to the nurses while being drugged up and the answer is yes, of course.  One nurse came in and Chris moved a little and he told her that he didn't want to expose himself ... and that he had his birthday suit on (aka nothing at all)... and then proceeded to sing Usher's song about the birthday suit.  Then about 4 seconds later another nurse comes in and her name is Holly (older, very serious lady) and she introduces herself and Chris immediately says 'Hoooooolly at-cha girl!' (instead of holla at ya girl)) She didn't crack a smile but I was laughing so hard that tears were running down my cheeks.  The other 2 nurses in the room (Jenni and Jody) were cracking up too.  Chris doesn't remember an ounce of this.  That's the best part.  He's also introduced himself to the recovery nurse 3X now and asked where she grew up and if she graduated from State.  I've started to chuckle now since I know what's coming after his first question and he's catching on because he'll catch himself and say 'Oh I remember, you went to ECU.'  :)






1 comment: