Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Shopping Spree!

What have I been up to you might ask?... welp, other than chasing after my kiddo & showing the house every few days & the usual cleaning/cooking/etc tasks....

I went on a shopping spree!!  Yes, you read correctly.  This is something I almost NEVER do.  I have trained myself (thanks to the Hubs) to always pick something up in the store and ask myself  'Do I need this?'  and the answer is usually no so it goes right back on the shelf.

For Christmas this year, Chris thought long & hard about what he wanted to give me.  He knew I would love a few hours away from the baby & hangin with a girlfriend.  He also knew I've said lately 'I don't have any clothes' which really means that I have clothes that don't fit anymore... soooo he ended up writing me a sweet letter to let me know that I was going shopping with my personal shopper, Kelly Hovis.  (Yall remember she ran the Savannah half with me a couple months ago.) She's amazing, yup.  She is real and genuine and vulnerable & super fun & she loves the Lord a lot.  And she looks like she just walked out of the Banana Republic magazine every day of her life without trying.  She's a teacher for her profession but I'm convinced she should be a personal shopper.

This Christmas present ended up being truly awesome. I was hesitant at first because of insecurities & trying on clothes just hasn't been quite as fun post-baby cuz everything fits different than it used to, but the whole day ended up being a huge success! She went through my closet & told me what I needed to keep vs. consign/throw out.  We set out Monday morning & grabbed Starbucks and headed to the outlets in Mebane.  I tried on a million things and we walked out the door with a few of them.  :)  We found some great deals and I learned that chunky necklaces change a whole outfit (& are just as good as buying a new shirt) and skinny jeans & boots pretty much go with any top. We ate lunch and headed back to Raleigh to go to a few more stores at Crabtree... and 8 hours later we headed back to the house!  It was such a fun day of fellowship with Kel among the shopping.  Chris gets brownie points for being Mr. Mom all day too... with a bum knee, stuck in the house with Jakester.

So don't be alarmed if you see me wearing a little of this action...
 

 These are a few of the things we got.

Ruffles.
Patterns.
Sparkles.
Bangles.
Skinnies.
Leggings.
All new to my wardrobe.  These didn't exist in my closet before Monday.
And I must say, I'm excited about them all!

Thanks to Chris for the awesome gift and thanks to Kel for a fabulous shopping day!


No comments:

Post a Comment