The past 2 weeks have been a complete whirlwind, and this is the first time I've been able to sit still... so get ready because I'm about to unload a ton of pictures on ya.
We had to say goodbye to all our awesome Raleigh friends and there were a few sad moments, but I know I'm going to see all these people again soon so we didn't shed too many tears. Jen & Brad threw us a little going away party which was so special. Love all these people so much!
I went to dinner at Cantina 18 with these lovely ladies for my birthday right before we left.
I'm going to miss each of you A LOT.
Here's a shoutout to our Cary hangout crew. Brad & Jen.
What are we gonna do every night without yall?! (and what are you gonna do without us?! ha)
Ok so this brings us to the day before we leave. We still own the trusty ole Honda. She is physically NOT gonna make it to TN so what do we do??? ... Yep, put that baby on Craigslist and we had around 30 people that wanted to take her off our hands. She was listed at 10pm that night and by 9:30am the next day, we had a buyer. Thank youuuuu Craigslist (and Kelly Hovis for telling us how amazing it is to sell a Honda like this).
Our last family walk around the neighborhood. It's been real Dutchess Village. Lots of pregnant walks... lots of walks with Jake. You will be missed.
So Friday morning, we were scurrying around trying to get everything ready for the 2 men who were hired to pack the truck. There was a crucial rainstorm on the horizon so we busted a move to get everything loaded as quickly as possible. Gradually I watched the truck look more and more full. There was a ton of stuff still in the house and there was no backup plan in case stuff didn't fit. Finally the truck was full.... annnnnd we had stuff everywhere still in the house & in the yard. Talk about stressful. Was Chris stressed? Of course not. I'm the pack-rat. I'm the one who found stuff from high school when cleaning out the attic. I'm the one who collects & keeps old yardsale chairs for 4 years while fully believing that I'll re-paint them at some point in my life. I'm the one who wants to take it all with us.... so yes, I was the one stressin'. haha. The dark clouds were circling over our head, but the rain hadn't started yet. (It was supposed to rain at 1:30pm and it was 4:30pm at this point). Our game plan ended up being to take as much to the dump as possible and give the neighbors (Matt & Emily) a bunch of our yard stuff. There were a few items still in the house that went to Ed & Ellen's house that we'll get later. Whew. As soon as the last item was shoved in, the entire bottom of the sky dropped and the huge raindrops pounded down. Thank you Jesus for holding the rain off until the perfect moment. Finally, we were off for Tennessee!!! Ellen was SO kind and came on Saturday to clean our house so it would be ready for the new owners (thank you, thank you, thank you).
Chris. me. Jacob. Rachel Walton. John Robinson.
Our fun, roadtrip family!
We were off to Greensboro to spend Friday night. Dad had Stamey's BBQ waiting for us when we pulled up to the farm (yummm). Dave & C were there to hangout too. Saturday morning, Chris and John took the truck all the way to Nashville. Rach & I traveled with Jacob to Robbinsville to stay with Rance & Jennifer! So good to hangout with them!! Jacob was such a great little traveler too... when he got bored, he pulled his socks off and just nibbled on some coupons out of the diaper bag that he could get his hands on. Other than that, he behaved himself! ;) We rolled up to Nashville around 2pm on Sunday.
Here is the crew in our new garage.
Chris, John & James Childs had everything off the truck by Saturday night.
(thank you SO much!!)
We had to take a little trip down to downtown Franklin to show Rach & John.
(Pucketts was closed that night. Boo!)
And last night we had to take John back down to Franklin to eat some GOOD food from Puckett's Grocery. It never disappoints. Nothing better than good sweet tea served in a mason jar.
The understatement of the year would be that Jacob loved that musician in the pic below.
He was obsessed. J stared him down throughout dinner and would randomly crack up.
Rach & John... We could not have done it without yall. Seriously. You both were the biggest help and we are so grateful to have you as such good friends. Thanks for making this move super smooth & fun! Love you both!
Now the 3 of us are getting settled in & trying to get Jacob feeling better. He's got a pretty nasty cold all of a sudden so we are taking it easy. Of course he still smiles like this even when he's a little under the weather because he is loving Nashville that much! He would love for you to come visit & kiss on his big cheeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment