February 20th will always be 'Hannah's Day' to me. It marks the anniversary of my sweet daughter's birth. Her soul was already in glory when she arrived, and Chris & I were able to say goodbye to her as we held her small body that Saturday afternoon 2 years ago. She wouldn't come back if she had the option; she is among perfection. It makes me smile to picture her in glory, even though my finite mind can't hardly fathom the vastness and greatness that surrounds her. What a gift it was to carry her for 21 weeks, to feel her kick once, to experience a mother's love for their child for the first time, to dream about her sweet face for weeks following her birth. There are always tears on Feb. 20th, but they come because of feelings of joy & gratitude mixed with the fact that I just miss her. I am so grateful for her and for everything the Lord graciously taught me through her. I love you, sweet Hannah.
Today we went to her grave. Jacob picked out the flowers this year. We got the ones he reached for at Fresh Market. One day Jacob will understand when we tell him how his sister is in glory and how on Feb. 20, 2010 Chris was able to clap his hands at Hannah's funeral because Christ has conquered death! Praise God!
Although I've never spoken to you directly about your sweet Hannah, I've been so encouraged by what I've heard many people share of your (both you and Chris's) faith through her life and death.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post. What a blessing to know that little Hannah is perfectly pure and rejoicing with our Lord!
ReplyDeleteLoved that post. I'm encouraged by your faith. Miss you guys.
ReplyDeletePrayed for you all on the 20th. Always so encouraged by you and praise God for His grace to you!
ReplyDelete