Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Packing Progress

Yesssss, moving day is right around the corner.  Whew, Friday we will be allllllll packed up & hitting the road (Lord willing).  

I just wanted to share with you that about 5 seconds ago, my wonderful husband finally informed me of his 'plan'.  That's right, 2 days before we peace out of this joint I am notified of a plan... sorry, THE plan.   So the plan is that tomorrow night (night before the truck gets packed) it's GO TIME.  Seriously!?!?  Yep, at 9pm Chris will start packing.  He expects to be done at 2am.   BAHAHAHAHA.  Sorry, this makes me laugh.  Is this a joke?!  My plan is to have this entire house done by 9pm the night before we move.  So between you & me, I expect his 'go time' to last all of about 5 minutes since everything will be done by then.  :)    Well ok, maybe a little longer since he's in charge of the garage and I refuse to be a part of the packing process out there.  ( I think there is still rabbit fur & rat pellets in our lovely garage... no thank you).

It's amazing how we can be so opposite.... I love to plan & make lists & cross things off the list & I usually have plan A, B & C.  Chris loves to live each day as it comes and his plan A always seems to work out perfectly without stressin over it so he never has plan B or C, ever.   He can pack & move boxes in about 1/10 of the time I can do it.  The other day he moved boxes down to the guest room from the attic and it would have taken me all day and he was done in less than an hour.  I love his abundance of energy and his positive attitude... and I secretly love that he came up with a plan, even if it was 2 days before moving.  :)   I guess we make a pretty good team.  


This is what I wake up thinking about every morning for the past 3 weeks.
It's like a puzzle to get everything to fit into a box.




 Everyone told me to label everything... I might have taken it too far because every box looks like this.  (and each sticky note is taped down, don't you worry)


 While Chris has been working during the day, Jake has offered to help me pack.  
Bubble wrap is highly entertaining apparently. Especially since the roll is as big as him.


Hmmmm, I wonder what's in this box that I can pull out...


Ok, I'm done Mom.  Time for a break.  This isn't fun anymore.


I totally agree Jacob!  Soon, very soon we won't be packing all day every day.  :)  

We can't wait for TN!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment