Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fashion Thoughts


Ok, let's just keep it real.  I tend to embrace fashion trends about 3 years after it comes in the stores.  For example, I bought the tall boots last year (didn't wear them yet) and bought skinny jeans this year.  The combo became a staple in my winter wardrobe this past season, but this was normal for most people FOREVER ago.  I had a complex with skinny jeans... not flattering on me, thought it made people with hips look bigger than they really are, blah blah blah.  But I will say that I ended up loving skinny jeans with tall boots with a longer, flowy shirt.  I realize I should have welcomed this idea a few years ago probably.  And if we are gonna keep it real, I have to be honest and say that I'm having a hard time embracing this...

 

What IS this??  Neon.  Bright.  Cropped.  Can all you ladies out there with fashion sense please let me in on the secret on how this is ever a good idea.  Has anyone purchased something like this yet? I realize I might be in denial since these haven't been out for 3 years yet.

And then there is the baggy version.  Still don't understand.

 

Maybe it's a tiny bit better with heals.


I guess I'm trying to get a good idea what are the key items to get for spring/summer and these ohhh-so-colorful pants seem to be everywhere.

How do we feel about one-shoulder shirts/dresses?

I also used to have a complex about any jeans that weren't the reg blue color.... black/white/bright colors were not an option.  I see white jeans everywhere right now though.  They seem cute, right?  (I need Kelly Hovis to intersect and speak some fashion truth)

2 things I do see everywhere that I LOVE are stripes & the color coral (my fav color).  Yes please.




1 comment:

  1. girl holler at some white jeans with your long skinny legs... colored pants won't be around forever so take them or leave them. we feel very good about one shoulder anything...

    thats my input. miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete