Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Sunday, March 11, 2012

I went for it

Yesterday was the day that I gave in & went for it.

 I am now an owner of a BOB jogging stroller!!!

Ahhh aren't you excited?!?!  hahaha.  I know most of you aren't as excited as I am. I understand, I get it. But for me, this is pretty much life-changing. I had a bunch of friends back in Raleigh who loved their BOB stroller & I've had my eye on this stroller every time I pass someone with one. Finally, I can now run with Jacob guilt-free!  On occasion, I must admit that I would run with J in the Chicco stroller... ummmm hello, this is NOT safe.  The wheels sounded like they wanted to pop off at any minute & it was super rickety & Jake nearly got whip-lash every time we went over a tiny crack in the sidewalk.  Looking back, this probably was not the best idea I've had in my life & my sweet husband eventually let me know that I was not allowed to run with Jake in that stroller anymore.  The realization slowly crept in that what I'd been doing was not ok and that I needed to be on the hunt for a good jogging/running stroller.  Well after months of searching Craiglist & emailing people & getting responses that just said 'SOLD', we went to REI yesterday and made the big purchase.  It's beautiful, if you ask me.  It's black and smooth and slick and Jacob loves his new classy ride!  I've been drooling over the BOB Revolution SE stroller for months... trained for a half marathon while drooling each & every mile because it would have been SO much easier if I could have taken the Jakester with me and not had to ask Chris to babysit.  And now she's sitting in the garage looking as perfect as ever.  Can you tell I'm excited about this?!   

The main thing that kept me from making this purchase months ago was the cash.  I wasn't ready to fork over that much money for a stroller.  So the combo of a few things made it a little easier.... I cancelled my gym membership in Raleigh + found a 5 yr old gift card to REI randomly in a drawer + had some birthday money + signed up for REI membership which means we get 10% back from this purchase and a 20% coupon!!!  With all this, it made it a little easier to pay for the lovely BOB. 

Here is what Jacob will be cruising around in ...

1 comment: