Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Highlights so far... (part 1)

We are loving it here in Nashville!  It's been fun to be on this adventure just the 3 of us, trying to figure out how to get everywhere and live life here.  We get super excited about every new person we meet.  We have met some insanely nice people... everyone is SO friendly.  For example, the couple at the table next to us at dinner the other night found out we just moved here and we seriously felt like we ate dinner WITH them because we talked about their 3 daughters in college and if we needed a good dentist in town and how many dogs they have, etc. The convo only paused when our food came out and when they had to order.  Other than that, we were chatting it up.  Don't worry, we have their phone number and I'm supposed to call Mary if we need annnnnything!  

Ok back to it, these are my top favorite things that happened this week.

#1 --- We get to hangout with James & Callie & Eisley & Addison Childs all the time since we live a few minutes away!  Love them! Aren't they all precious?!  The girls love to see 'Baby Jake'.

 

 #2  ---  Nashville has Blue Bell Ice Cream!!!  This might be my favorite ice cream of all time (I know, I know that's a bold statement) &  I had trouble finding it in Raleigh.  If you haven't tried it, you need to.   Not sure if I think it's the best because it's what I ate right after running the half marathon (everything tastes like a bit of heaven at that point) or if it is truly the best.  Either way, you gotta try it.  I've had Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Happy Tracks, but I'm excited about trying tons more flavors.  (Here is the list)



#3 ---  I found where my favorite store is near us!  (Home Goods, of course.)  And I only got lost once trying to find it  :)


#4  ---  Fresh tulips in the house.  I LOVE fresh flowers and Callie brought these over for us.  So sweet!  Hello SPRING!


#5  --- Saturday morning Amish breakfast in this 150 yr old building in Nolensville.  It's 5 minutes from our house & the food is so good.  Bacon... eggs... pancakes... coffee.  Yep, I ate it all.


Keep scrolling... this is only the first half...

3 comments:

  1. I love that yall are doing so well!!!! :) And I love Blue Bell ice cream! Eat an extra scoop for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Now that ya'll have moved we need to plan a mid-way road trip vaca together!! :) Nashville looks super fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue Bell must have not know your were moving! They are advertising like crazy around here. All over the radio and I even saw a billboard on 40.

    ReplyDelete