#7 --- Date Night! We did a date swap with James & Callie this past wkd. We watched the girls on Thurs night so they could go out for their anniversary and they watched Baby Jake on Saturday night so we could go out to dinner. (What a blessing it is to be able to do this with friends!).
Chris took me to Loveless Cafe. It looks like a cheesy diner when you pull up but looks can be VERY deceiving. It was amazing. When you walk in, there are 100+ 8"X10" pictures of famous people that have been there (check out pic below, floor to ceiling is FULL of famous people). When you get seated, they serve you fresh biscuits with 3 types of homemade jam. That alone would have sold me, but it keeps coming. The food is 'southern food' and everything is awesome. I had BBQ with corn cakes, green beans and caramel sweet potatoes. Is your mouth watering yet?!? I miiiiight be able to confirm the blackberry cobbler is to die for as well. Everyone needs to check this place out!
#8 --- Bright nail polish puts a smile on my face every time I look down at my toes! I went for this coral color that I bought last year when I got my last order of Mary Kay stuff. Makes me excited about summer time & tan feet! Love it.
#9 --- I am no longer an employee of IBM as of March 29th. I was part of the resource action (which means 'layoffs' in normal people terms) so I'll be getting the severance package, whoohoo!! Unexpected checks are the best! For those of you who didn't know, I am currently on 'Leave of Absence' and that basically means I don't get a salary but I do get benefits. It's an extra benefit that IBM does for their employees if they want to take a chunk of time off. I'll get 3 more months of free benefits as part of the severance package. Sweeeeet!
#10 -- This might sound a little materialistic but I am loving the fact that I have a stove that has 4 burners that work (instead of the 2 on my last stove) and the microwave doesn't sound like a grenade went off half way through cooking your food. (Jen A. knows what I'm talking about). Ahhhh new appliances are wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment