Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fun Saturday

Since Chris was gone on the men's retreat with the guys from church on Saturday morning, Jacob and I headed out the door bright and early to explore one of my favorite things... yard sales.  Yep, that's right.  The neighborhood next to ours was having their big neighborhood yardsale and that's like a jackpot if you ask me.  Tons of fun treasures all close together for not a lot of cash.  I picked up these cute outfits for Jacob.  He wasn't exactly as stoked as I was.  :)  I also found out that there is an education foundation that will send you a book each month for free if you live in Tennessee.  Just another reason why I love this place we now call home!



For lunch on Saturday, we met up with James & Callie & the girls at Burger Up, along with Daniel Renstrom and Brentice who were in town recording over the weekend.  Burger Up is a keeper, seriously!  I loved this place.  Might be one of my new favorite restaurants.  The waiters are super nice and go out of their way to be friendly to kids.  The food is amazing!  It's located in this fun, renovated part of town with a lot of charm.  It was a great lunch with fun friends & awesome food. Ohhh Woodstock Burger and sweet potato fries we will meet again!



We headed to Opry Mills on Saturday evening to check out the Bass Pro Shop so Jacob could see the big boats and the fish tank.  He loved seeing the fish!  Chris on the other hand did NOT love the swarms of people that show up on the Grand Opening celebration night at Opry Mills!  Holy cow.  The mall has been closed for awhile because of the flooding and they just recently reopened to the public.  There was a free concert too, so needless to say my husband wanted to bounce as soon as my eyes started to light up from seeing all the fun stores.  I will have to visit this place again by myself very, very soon! :)


 While we were inside the mall, we did pick up this pair of cute shoes.  Yep, Jacob is rockin Toms.  I think they are adorable!  We have tried SO many different shoes for this kid but his feet are too fat.  Not kidding. This is the first pair that actually fit and there is double velcro so you can adjust them for the width of your kid's foot.




1 comment: