Ok, so you already knew that we went to the beach this week, but I thought I'd give you some more pics of our journey. And a journey it was! I don't think I've had so many emotions crammed into one week in awhile. Thanks so much, Ed & Ellen, for hosting us & babysitting J when we were in Raleigh!! Over the past week, we loved spending time with all 4 grandparents and Dave/Dusty/Carolyn & seeing Raleigh girlfriends (AND Megan W. while down at HB!) & shopping at outlets with Kelly & enjoying the beach! Here is a little recap of my crazy emotions...
STRESS on aiplane when J was about to make the lady in front of us bald about 18 times while jumping on me the entire trip. The 1 hr 20 min flight seemed like 10 hours to Raleigh.
JOY when I saw that waterway & ocean waves. Hello, I miss it already.
EXCITEMENT to hangout with girlfriends in Raleigh that I hadn't seen in a few months. And to taste that Angus Barn dessert, let's be for real yall. It's amazing. (and who knew there is a random magician that comes by your table and does tricks on Friday nights?! loved it)
(Slight) EMBARRASSMENT while being stared down since I was the mom with a toddler who was running around airport with no pants on while waiting for our delayed flight yesterday. Yes, that's right he decided yesterday would be a good time to have 2 blowouts in a row & all his clothes were in the suitcase that was checked 5 minutes earlier. Can we say he is a RASCAL?! I told Jacob he was special because he was the only person on our flight who didn't have pants on.
SADNESS because we missed Chris not being with us.
HAPPINESS as I watched Jacob enjoy the beach and ocean water for the first time. He was a determined little booger to rake that sand, and he loved feeling the waves hit his legs. He ran straight for the water!
FRUSTRATION when the lady at the starbucks in the aiport decided it was a good idea to charge me $1.95 for a small cup of whole milk for J-man when there was a pitcher of it sitting there for free on the coffee stand. Once I asked if I could have it in a cup, it was too late to steal some from the pitcher. Live & learn. (I have no prob paying for milk, but when it's sitting there for free I feel like that's a little unfair to charge the amt that I can get a half gallon in the grocery store) .... ok, I'm off my soap box now.
AMAZEMENT when we watched the guys build the boat lift and floating pier this week & jammed those large beams into the water. So cool!
Welcome to Holden Beach everyone.
My new favorite place! :)
Lots of shrimp!!!!!!!
Family eating all that fresh shrimp!
We missed Chris & Dusty. :(
Jacob loved running through the backyard and playing peek-a-boo behind the benches!
This is the view of the waterway as you stand on the dock when you look left.
Day 1 (on the left) of them working on the dock (hello storm in the background) & Day 2 on the right.
Mom & Dad chillin on their back deck while the shrimp boats go on by
Overall we had a GREAT trip! Thank you SO much to everyone who made it possible.
CANNOT wait until July!!!
(ahem, hopefully J won't be teething that week, right Mom&Dad?! whew)
(ahem, hopefully J won't be teething that week, right Mom&Dad?! whew)
No comments:
Post a Comment