Which state are we currently in? Any guesses?
.... North Carolina...
Nope.
Tennessee??
Nope.
Somewhere totally different? Yep. And beautiful mountain views? Yep! And a fun family wedding this weekend???? YEPPPPPP.
[Hint: Uncle Drew is getting hitched to Andrea this weekend (ok that was a big hint)]
Salt Lake City, UTAH.
Ohhhhh baby.
Yep. :)
That's
right folks, Utah! I've never been here before so I am soaking it all
in. I love to travel to new places and see the sights, so I'm in for a
treat this week. [Seriously check out those GORGEOUS mountains in the background. Hello, incredible creation!] We got on the jet plane yesterday, all 3 of us, and we
successfully made it here with 2 delayed flights and a toddler still in
tact. No complete disasters or broken bones so I guess I have to view
the trip as a success, right?! I must be honest though, I think
traveling on an airplane with a 13 month old who does NOT like to be
confined to one area while awake is one of the most exhausting things
for me! I was a frazzled mess inside by the time we got here
yesterday. He didn't sleep a wink on the flight to Denver so Chris got
to witness first hand how much fun airplane travel is now with our
little guy. ;)
Side
note, I'm pumped about taking some pics in RAW setting for the first
time with attempts to edit them when I get home. This is a first for
me. Trying to step outside my box and learn a little more about
photography. So with that said, here are some unedited pics from today,
haha. Maybe one day I'll put edited ones on the blog! Just maybe. (once I learn about Photoshop cuz right now I don't have a clue!)
Today the guys are out on some mountain doing who-knows-what (ahem, climbing an 80 ft. cliff) so Ed & Ellen took Jacob & I up to Park City. I loved it! It has so much charm and character, and I could get lost for hours in those cute shops and galleries! Since it's summer (not peak season), there weren't too many people out and about. Apparently it gets hoppin' when the weather cools off, and these streets are covered with people! Isn't this town amazing?!
Above: artsy wreath & the ski lift that takes you up the mountain (image tons of snow first)
Below: only an ounce of the cuuuuuuuuuute downtown of Park City
Don't you worry, more pics to come of our adventures out here!
Love seeing your blog and what you guys are up to. What a cute little town and beautiful mountains. I laughed about your flight stories because we are about to fly to Orlando this summer- taking all 3 kids! Should be fun right?!!! Haha!!
ReplyDeleteLove that banana republic shirt!!! Seriously - I can't wait to wear them again this Fall/Winter... I hope it hides the post-babies belly on me!!!
ReplyDeleteLove yall!
Ps. Jake is growing up SO fast!!! AHHH!