Girls Night Out
So Friday night, the husbands watched the kiddos and gave us a little break!
Thaaaaaaaaaaank you, hubbies!
It was great to try a new restaurant and not think about if I remembered the sippy cup or had extra diapers handy. We went to a place near Green Hills called Firefly, and I'd give it a 3 out of 5 stars. Pretty good food (not awesome), and small portions. Friendly service & random decor which included tons of colored Christmas lights and off-centered artwork. It has pretty high reviews, so I might have just ordered the wrong thing. I might give it a try again at some point, but there are tons of different restaurants I would rather try in the Nashville area. We topped off the night with a big slice of cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. Such a fun night hangin' with these ladies!
Callie, Julianne, & I
Yard Sale
Saturday morning, I dropped Chris and Jacob off at a park near by so they could hang with Alex and Samuel. I was planning to go shopping & enjoy the peace and quiet when this yard sale sign caught my eye (of course it did). It was 11:15am so anyone who knows anything about yardsales would almost assume that all the good stuff was gone and this might be a waste of my time. Well I rolled up in this nice neighborhood, and this lady selling stuff was hilarious. Without going into too much detail, picture a middle age woman wearing workout clothes that were tighter than anything I'd ever seen before, kinda frizzy hair. She was a trip! At one point, she blurted out 'Who are the young people here??' (ahem, there were only 3 of us total in her driveway) and of course she comes up to me with this statue in her hand. 'You need this. This is a fertility statue and it really works! I got pregnant when I had it at my house. You want it?' .... (awkward pause) 'Um no, haha, I'm good. I have a little one at home so I'm not trying to get pregnant right now.' She also told me that I can have anything she's selling if she can have my earrings. (my thought was 'aren't I here to take your stuff, not you take mine!? ha). When it was all said & done, I walked up to her with 2 Christmas CDs for kids and asked how much they were. She said 'Just take them' and she literally would have said that about anything in her driveway I think. :) It was pretty clear that she wasn't there to make a lot of cash. In the end, I considered it a huge success because I walked away with 2 free CDs and a good laugh!
Pool Time
This afternoon we let Jacob play in the little plastic pool on our back patio. Once again he loved soaking his whole self with the hose! The cold water didn't bother him one bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment