Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Saturday, July 28, 2012

House Thoughts

Lately, I've been daydreaming about all this fun stuff:

1.  What color should we paint the doorknobs?

 

2.  Is there a secret to scraping ceilings that I need to know before we start this lovely endeavor?

3.  What is the best trim color if I'm leaning towards gray undertones?   Here's what one blog said...
 Probably the single most challenging decision is choosing the perfect paint color. Here is a selection of foolproof Benjamin Moore whites and off-whites.1. Ivory White . . . . . 2. White Dove . . . . . 3. Decorator’s White
4. Atrium White
. . . . 5. Acadia White . . . . 6. Elephant Tusk

 4.  How do I make a good decision about a couch that we can love for years and years?  I hate to say it but our sectional might not fit in the new house.  :(

5.  Paint color for the walls ---  Once again I'm realizing I'm terrible at unlimited decisions like this.  I raided Restoration Hardware's paint chip samples the other day for ideas.  I think I like mainly neutrals on the walls & pops of color in accents like pillows or artwork. I keep leaning towards gray tones -- Here is a ton of ideas for gray (scroll to bottom of post).


Revere Pewter (BM) and Silver Sage (RH - master bedroom) and Graphite (RH)

      


We can get into our house on Monday morning so all this is going to become very real next week!  Right now I'm still just dreaming.   Any thoughts or advice is welcomed!  

3 comments:

  1. i have a friend that painted her baby's nursery Revere Pewter and it's a lovely neutral. I painted my living room the same color that Brittany painted the girls' nursery, Functional Grey; it's a Sherwin Williams color but I got Lowes to just make it for me (way cheaper). It's an awesome grey- not too blue, purple, or green. Also, as far as trim, I love White Dove. Oh, one more thing- We painted a lot of hardware that oil-rubbed bronze with the Rust-Oleum spray. It's holding up great and looks amazing.

    Sorry for the novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! Thanks so much for the advice. Seriously helps a lot. I wanna see more pics of your new house :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete