Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

House In Progress...

Our life is a COMPLETE whirlwind right now!!  My thoughts go something like this.. 'Dave's getting married in 4 days... ahhhh so exciting!'... 'Oh yeah our new house currently has walls with 2x4's showing'... 'Haven't packed a thing yet and moving day is 2 1/2 weeks away AND the hardwood floor guy told us last night the wood has to cure in our house for 2 weeks' ... 'Holy cow I gotta do laundry'... 'Road trip tomorrow morning, cant put off packing any longer' ... 

Ok I'll spare you cuz I could keep going.  Our life is just a little insane right now.  :)

Chris and Micah (Julianne's hubby) are doing all the work themselves.  Praise the Lord for Micah because he knows how to do all this and Chris is soaking it all in & loving it!  He's learning so much.  I just help with decisions of which walls to tear out and help scrape the popcorn ceilings (we are almost DONE with this phase).  My real job starts when the house gets semi back in order ... painting, painting and more painting!  Trim/Ceilings/Walls in most all rooms will get a nice new coat of paint along with ALL the doorknobs.  I never noticed how many doorknobs are in a house until we had to take them out to paint them!

Here is a glimpse in the house craziness...  I'm warning ya, it's a MESS right now.  :)

Living room looking into dining room

Temporary support structure while new load baring wall is being built

Family room - popcorn ceiling scraped

Hello Kitchen!  Yes you need some TLC, no doubt about it.

Kitchen - removed upper cabinets & upper vents and appliances.  
Electrical work & new cabinets pending.

Had to re-plumb some fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment