Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Monday, August 20, 2012

More House Pics

We've been working our tail off lately over at the house.  There has been lots of cleaning, little bit of painting and a tiny bit more demo.  The old hardwoods have been ripped out along with the subfloor (particle board) in the dining room and living room.  We gotta put new plywood down in those rooms.  The foyer/hallway is currently a slate tile and we found a lovely 4 inches of cement under it yesterday.  Yerp that was a fun surprise, ha.  There's always hiccups along the way with this stuff!  Recessed lighting has been wired in the kitchen. Everything needs to be cleaned downstairs & ready to go for the hardwoods to be put in on Friday.  Moving day is Saturday so the hardwoods will be down, just not stained & finished yet.  

Expectations have changed during this process and I'm completely ok with that.  On move-in day, we'll have no upper kitchen cabinets, no fresh coat of paint on the walls, no finished floors.... and it's not a big deal at all (ahem, like I once thought it would be).  I'm seriously just so excited to get into the house and live there!  It's going to be awesome.  I can't wait to see the leaves on the trees change soon on those rolling hills.  I can't wait to open those windows (that I just cleaned today) and let the fresh air flow through the house.  I can't wait to see those popcorn-free ceilings be finished.  I am going to love watching Jacob run around in the yard and find all the sticks & bugs & critters.   SO much fun to be had & memories to make in this house!


Kitchen (galley), from both ends
love the new recessed lighting!  - old light will be gone soon
(please note the 'dump' pile at the end of hallway... yes it's about 4 ft high right now on the porch)
     

 

 Living Room (fireplace room)

Staircase
  

 Old hardwoods ripped up (engineered wood)

Particle board ripped up (needs addl layer of plywood to be even)

And the fun surprise!  4 inches of cement under that slate!! 
Chris went under the house to confirm that lovely info

(yep there's my studly husband)
       

We have some friends coming over tonight for a painting party! I am SO grateful for them, seriously.  I don't know how we would do it without them right now.  Those ceilings are gonna be DONE so soon!!!  yessssssssssssssss.


No comments:

Post a Comment