Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Painting & Colors

Now that we are back from the beach, we have tried to tackle some PAINTING around the house.  When it's all said & done I wouldn't be surprised if we paint every room, haha.  So far we have 5 rooms under our belt.  ... This is where I hangout now...


My current BFF is the guy who works at the paint counter at Home Depot.  We talk on a regular basis, yep almost daily.  Don't worry, Chris is friends with him too.  I can't even begin to count how many questions I have asked this guy about paint... oil or latex?...  eggshell or flat?... wooster or perdy?...why is there 4 different BM 'White Dove' in your system?.  I wonder what's really going through his head when he sees the random girl with the toddler rollin' up to his counter each day.  Ok, maybe I don't want to know.   :)

 
  

Home Depot is my home away from home because they have my fav Benjamin Moore colors in their system (and Lowes doesn't).  These are the colors I've picked out so far...


WALL COLORS

   
  Revere Pewter (BM) - living room/office/laundry... probably more rooms since this is my favorite color right now


Elmira White (BM) - dining room & kitchen... good neutral with gray undertones so doesn't look yellow or pinkish in different lighting

   
Slate (Restoration Hardware) - living room with fireplace
  
Blue Hubbard (SW, old Martha Stewart color) - Master Bedroom ... love how clean & calm this color makes our room feel.  


TRIM COLOR

 
White Dove (BM) - All trim & baseboards & doors & kitchen cabinets will hopefully all be this color one day soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment