Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Things I love these days

I have to start by talking about how much I love my women's bible study on Wednesday mornings!
Last semester we studied the book of Joshua in depth, which was amazing.
This semester we just finished a study on Relationships, which was led by one of our pastor's wives.
She is a practicing family counselor and did such a great job!
We learned the importance of oneness in all relationships & how to see Christ in all relationships.
It takes risk & humility, which is often sooo hard yet so rewarding and Christ-honoring.
Marriage~Friendship~Parenting~Extended Family~God


I am loving outside playdates in the sunshine!
There is a crew of us mommas that hangout with our little ones at the park-library-Chickfila-etc.
Everyone has kids from 1-3yrs old and most of us are pregnant right now too, which is fun!

Granny White 2

These are staples at our house in the summertime & I get excited every spring when I can add this spice to our yard... red geraniums & a couple of hanging ferns. 

 

This little guy has a big punch and he's changed my life this week!
Thank you Mr. Clean! 
It's the little things in life, right?!
Our stainless sink is now sparkling for the first time... didn't even know this was possible.
Also, I didn't know the tub was rockin' so much dirt & grime... but not anymore!  :)
Makes my nesting heart happy.


This guy also makes my heart very VERY happy!
Hands down, ice cream is the food I crave the most during this pregnancy.
And I caved the other day & bought a box of sugar cones.
In my world, ice cream is so much better in a cone!


Shea & Cocoa Butter baby lotion is what Jacob will be rockin' for awhile.
I decided to go for a new smell for our little guy. 
Random, I know.  :)


Open windows!
I love letting that fresh air flow through the house.
No, this is not my window (obviously!) but ya gotta dream a little people. 
Just take it in & imagine being there for a min. Amazing, right?!
Ok back to reality.
I can't complain though cuz Nashville is gorgeous in the spring/summer... tons of green hills all around us!
I'm just too lazy to go get my camera & take a pic for validation right now. :)



I am also very grateful that we will have a COUCH this month!!!!!!!!!
We sold our comfy HUGE sectional on craigslist back in March.
Since I didn't know how much money we'd get for it, I didn't purchase a new one until we sold it.
Some of you budget-friendly people might think that's a good idea but I'll tell you it's not a good idea if you...

#1) Don't have another couch in the whole house.... plus...
#2) Have a pregnant wife that ended up watching TV on the floor at night and would get angry.  Just sayin'.

We've had an air mattress blown up for the past few weeks to replace a couch.
(not the same people!!)
Sooooo with all that said, I am slightly thrilled to get our couch in a couple weeks.
I sat on about 1000 couches before I could make a decision & feel good about it.
It's light gray (not white like the pic), and it's huge & comfy & slipcovered & I can't wait!!!


Well that pretty much sums up my life right now:  Bible study & playdates & outside fun & cleaning/nesting & eating & dreaming about a fluffy couch!  :)

What things do you love right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment