Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Monday, June 10, 2013

Old Things New

Over the past few months, there have only been a few times when I can actually park my car in the garage.  As soon as Chris clears it out, I fill it back up with painting projects.  Somehow the items keep showing up so of course I'm up for the challenge of giving them a face lift!  I'm a border-line hoarder so some of this stuff we've had for YEARS.  Yes, years.  And they have moved with us twice now!  Let's just say Chris is very patient when I say 'I'll paint that one day...'

(And if anyone is wondering, the garage door is always open and it's well ventilated for all your people out there that might start to worry about my preggo self)  :)

I don't have pics of everything but lately the list looks like this...
~Small corner china cabinet (going in nursery)
~Bookshelf (Chris' office/guest room)
~Long shelf for wall (Jacob's room)
~Lamp
~3 frames (laundry area/back entryway)
~Kid stool (Jacob's bathroom)
~3 wooden kid chairs 
~Shelves for pantry
~Homemade desk for Chris' new 'office' (really a closet in guest room!)

Also we have projects going on in the kitchen (Chris & crew... aka Micah... are getting the cabinets ready for crown molding).  I'm working on painting the trim in the guest room (SO close to whole house's trim being done!) and I finished painting the pantry and the master bathroom vanity is half done. Whew.  

Recently a friend asked if I could be on any TV show, what would it be?  And the answer is probably 'Flea Market Flip'.  We don't have cable so I saw it while walking on the treadmill at the YMCA the other day and my heart came alive.  I love, love, love searching to find cheap stuff and 'flipping' it into something decent.  If you could be on a TV show, what would it be??


The lovely Goodwill lamp that was on clearance so I paid $2.11.  It was calling my name.
  

I have LOVED painting the stuff that belonged to Nana because it makes me remember her and I start to dream about the story behind each item.  What china did she put in here?  What books did PopPop put on that bookcase?  Where were these frames hung in their house or apartment?  Where were these things purchased?  Every item has a story behind it.

Corner hutch from Nana

Bookcase from PopPop & Nana

Nana's frames - 3 square 8" frames

I'll post some after pics once the projects are complete!  Now you know what I've been doing during nap time instead of blogging.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment