Jacob is going to have a baby brother in September! I want to go ahead & write down how things are going this pregnancy so I don't forget. We are getting pumped about having another lil baby in the house soon!!! Our good friends, the Heltons, just had their 2nd boy yesterday morning so it hits home as we went to visit them in the hospital last night. Gotta love the sweet newborns with those tiny toes and fingernails!
We don't have a name picked out yet, but as soon as we decide on one we'll tell what it is. Only problem is that we are a little late in the game with deciding usually. Jacob didn't have a name until 38 weeks I think. We don't keep any secrets (gender or names) so we'll spill the beans as soon as we decide.
I have been feeling great lately. 2nd trimester has definitely been kind to me! I was sick for about 13 wks this time around, which is so much better than with Jacob... was sick 20 weeks with that kiddo. I've been feeling this little guy kick around a lot in that growing belly of mine. Last week at church I looked down and saw my whole belly move. :) Chris was able to feel him kick a couple weeks ago for the first time.
I have a lot more energy and I can't tell if it's because I'm not stuck in a gray cubicle that literally sucked the life out of me or that I get distracted by chasing Jacob & I don't have time to think about being tired. I am so grateful that I feel good and I'm able to clean the house & cook & care for my family. I try to get to the YMCA about 3-4 times a week to walk for 30 min & do light weights. That makes me feel better too.
We've cleaned out the office a little so the baby's room can be brought to life soon. I've been in the nesting zone so we've cleaned out a closet which will become Chris' new office space and all the baby gear can take over the 3rd bedroom upstairs. The nursery will look very similar to Jacob's room... keeping the same colors (blue and green) & white furniture. We are adding a small corner hutch that was Nana's and I'm in the process of painting it to match the nursery decor. When it's done, I'll put up before and after pics. Overall the nursery will be a simple task... it's just trying to create a big boy room for Jacob that keeps my not-so-decisive decorating mind turning.
No comments:
Post a Comment