Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

God's Beauty in Details



These little treasures have brightened our home today.  I picked them up at Trader Joe's yesterday and they make me smile.  Something about the awkward stems and multiple layers of petals and bright color... Yep, glad I snagged you at the store.  

Lately I've been trying to notice the little things, not just for the sake of noticing them but for the sake of bringing back my focus to the Lord.  To give him all the credit, to shine a little on the glory that He so much deserves.  To refocus my little self on the greatness of the infinite Almighty.  To allow my mind to be in wonder of things like frying an egg or noticing the wood floors that I sweep in our house come directly from trees He created or relishing in the beauty of these little bright flowers.  He creates the details.  He loves the details.  His glory is in the details.  

We are going to a Sunday School class that watches a video from Paul David Tripp about marriage & parenting.  He reminds us that we should be seeing God in everything and also verbalizing it to our little children.  As an introvert, that is convicting because I might be processing internally that I see God is different things but it might not ever be spoken to Jacob & Parker.  They want to hear it.  They need to hear it.  All people around me need to hear it. It's my joy for my kiddos to hear about Jesus so as I see the Lord in these details I want to work on speaking my thoughts & proclaiming how we can see God in all things. I need to take the time to see Him in the details of life.  God is so good to us to allow us to see Him in His beauty... in the creation... in the details.   

My daily job right now can seem somewhat mundane & insignificant to some.  It takes me like an hour to get breakfast in everybody's belly & cleaned up.  Coffee (first necessity)... rice cereal, baby food... oatmeal... sippy cups...fried eggs... etc... cleanup... dishwasher... wipe down table.  The list goes on.  You get the point.  There are a lot of moving parts to just accomplish breakfast and I probably need a nap once that meal is checked off the list.  I change a lot of diapers & fill up sippy cups & fold a lot of laundry & wipe gunk off the floor.  Most of these things aren't looked at as important in our world, but what is important is that my children are fed/clothed/changed while I point them to Jesus.  I want to slow down & savor Jesus in the beautiful details & talk about it so these sweet ears (that hear everything) can soak it up. 

Take time to smell the flowers...



And smile because God shows us He loves us through the details!



No comments:

Post a Comment