Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Running Progress

So in my free time these days I find myself
shopping for running clothes...
thinking about the scary long run each Saturday...
finding someone to watch my kid so I can run (no jogging stroller yet folks)...
drinking more water to make the run easier...
or actually running.


NEVER in my life did I think I would become a 'runner'. How does one even become a serious runner? Still not sure. Somewhere between the thoughts of 'I'm going to die' and 'That hill looks way too steep' and 'I'm not even half way yet?!?', I've managed to build up to 5 miles and actually enjoy it. I wouldn't call myself a runner by any means yet, but it's a start, right!?! Don't get me wrong, the first couple miles are always terrible. Always. But I've found that running with friends makes it WAY better and it's fun to chat in between my huge gasps for air. It has kept my mind off the fact that I stare at the inside of my house WAY too much (it happens with a newborn) & the walls would have probably started to cave in by now if it wasn't for me getting outside to run. At times I still long to dribble a ball of some sort (soccer ball, basketball, etc) when I run because running can seem so monotonous, but this process of training has gotten better and better. I'm sure I'll hit different walls along the way, but the good news is that we only have like 10 weeks till race day! For anyone out there who thinks they can never run 2 miles, much less 5 without stopping, I'm living proof that ya can. Promise. I couldn't run 1 mile when I started and when I tried back in June, it was ROUGH. My husband can attest for that. :) We're making baby steps towards that whoppin' 13 miler coming up. (now that still seems terrifying, ha).


Does anyone have any recommendations for good playlist songs to run to?



Happy Runnin' yall!

1 comment: