Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Jacob's 6 Month Update

Today we went to the doctor for Jacob's 6 month update. He got 4 more shots in the leg and one oral. He was so brave & only cried for a few seconds. He was rockin' the leopard print band-aid again along with a Tweetie Bird one and Garfield and the planets. Ha. He was such a trooper!

WEIGHT: 21 lbs. 9.5 oz (96%)
LENGTH: 28 in. (91%)
HEAD: 17 (33%)

This past week Jacob has been doing so well. He has been sleeping better (didn't sleep through the night for 2 months due to his neeeeeeed for the magic passy) and he's still eating like a champ. I learned at the doc today that Jacob should be happy when he wakes up from naps instead of screaming his head off, and he should be able to soothe himself to sleep in his crib if I put him in there when he's sleepy. We definitely have some work to do! :)

He can sit up now by himself, and he loves his jumpy chair that hangs in the doorway. He likes to sleep on his belly & his side. When he flips over while playing on the floor, he can push himself up and get on all 4's & start rockin' for a few seconds. He loves to grab any object that is near him.

He eats rice cereal mixed with milk in his bottle 2X per day. Other than that, he's still just nursing. The doctor said it's time to start more rice cereal & some fruits and vegetables. Hello big boy! I feel like he's so big now that he has teeth and should be eating real baby food!

Jacob has 2 teeth that broke through recently. I found the first one 2 weeks ago. Can't wait till he's got those 2 huge bottom teeth showing through on that smile!



We are absolutely loving every minute with our sweet boy! Praise the Lord for a good report today and for a thriving kiddo. He is such a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see my lil' buddy in a couple of weeks :) I'm going to have him LOVIN' the mountains!

    ReplyDelete