Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Monday, January 30, 2012

Expectant Prayers: Wow! .. House Update

Ok, so let's just be real for a minute.  As many of you know, I was praying for our house to be under contract by Feb 1st.  Yes, as you slightly glance at your calendar, that's in 2 days!  

I've watched our good friends  Jennfer & Rance pray expectantly for different things over the years and they don't doubt one bit... it's so encouraging!  A couple months ago, I felt convicted that I wasn't praying expectantly for our house to sell.  I mean, I was praying for it to sell but in the back of my head I doubted when it would happen since we've had person after person tramp through our casa & only had a couple offers (one fell thru and the other was SUPER low... ahem, we can't just give it away, sorry people).  So back in Nov/Dec I felt the Lord place Feb 1st on my heart and I started praying for that.  Seems normal, right!?  Well, have you ever prayed something like that AND told people you were praying those specific details?!  This was my first time attempting this.  Every time I told someone, my faith was stretched.  Thoughts like 'what if it doesn't sell by then?  THEN what?'  or 'Does this person think I'm crazy right now?... Um don't care because I believe God will do this.'

Last Wednesday, I casually asked Chris 'Do you know what next Wednesday is?' and of course he calmly responded 'Yes, it's Feb 1st.'  soooooooo we were down to 1 WEEK.  It's crunch time!  Still no offers.  Not even an inkling of one.  Faith is really being stretched at this point.  I knew, I just knew that God can do this. Over 50 showings in total, and when was the buyer going to walk through?

On Friday, we had 3 showings.  On Saturday, we had 5 showings.  PS - This is insane in this market.  The average per month in some parts of Raleigh is 2 showings/mo... in Cary, where we live, it's 5-6 showings/month.  AND that's an average I believe, which means in the month of January it's probably slim to none.  The dead of winter isn't exactly the best time to sell your house typically.  Let's just say our house doesn't have it's chipper, vibrant curb appeal going on right now.  Ha.  (That's an understatement of the year.)

OK, are you ready for this?????  Drum roll pleeeeease.....

Saturday night rolls around and we get 2 offers!  Yes, you are reading that correctly.   2!  Seriously!?!

God is good.  God is faithful.  He knew all along that it was going to come down to the wire and that we would be under contract the last weekend before Feb 1st.  Why do I ever doubt?!  He knew it was starting to take a toll on our family... on our marriage... on our involvement (or lack of) at church/community/fellowship, etc.  Basically every aspect of our life.   He knew this was the perfect time.

Currently, we are HIGHLY motivated to pack our house because closing date is Feb. 27th.  Yerp.  That fact = craziness in my life.  This house has to be packed & ready to go before then.  We'll probably hit the road around the 24th.  (we need to blow it out the night before for my burfday, right?!).  

If I'm being honest, I'm trying to find the balance of embracing the fact we will be moving & also realizing there is a slight chance it could still fall through cuz it's only a done deal when those 1000 papers are signed but....

We are SO excited!!!!!  New adventures.  Meeting new people.  New, fun city.  Don't have to keep my house spotless anymore (can I get an Amen?).  No more being a single mom 3 days a week & Chris checkin into the same hotels each wk.  Whoa, excited.  Please pray for our transition.  I am going to miss all you fun people in Raleigh though!!!!!!!!!  You know our door in Nashville is ALWAYS open & we reeeeeeally want you to come visit (A LOT).  Just a few short hours on I40 and you'll be at our doorstep.

I say all this not to shower you with our good news, but to ENCOURAGE your heart to pray expectantly.  It will stretch your faith.  Don't let Satan get in & feed you lies that make you doubt.  The Lord will answer.  He is THAT good!  :)   He loves you THAT much.  I want Him to receive all glory for what He has done in selling our house.  The JOY that overcomes you when you see Him answer those prayers is indescribable! 



3 comments:

  1. Praise God! That is so encouraging!!! Pumped for yall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encouraged by your faith and perseverance. Thankful to God for His faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete