Life with Chris, Marie, and Jacob

Monday, March 26, 2012

How is life treatin' us?

I thought I'd give you an update on our life here in Nashville, since it seems to be a common question ('How are you liking it?').


We can start with the man of our house.  He probably should be writing this update, but if he was the author you'd get a lot of jokes and possibly some inappropriate one liners. (j/k)  Chris loves it out here!  He loves the green, hilly terrain & the nice people everywhere & the pace of life.  He loves traveling during the day for his job and getting home for dinner and hardly ever getting on an airplane.   He's great about taking care of all the moving items that come up (finding a realtor/churches to visit/signing up for new utilities/etc).  I can tell he's excelling at his job, which is such a blessing.  He enjoys the people he works for & the people he works with.  He has a great balance though of when to turn off work & spend time hanging out with Jacob & I.  He's ready to meet new friends out here and get plugged into a new church... which will probably be Grace Community Church.  We went there yesterday and loved it!  He is such a great husband, father, and leader of our home.



And we have Jacob next.  He is such a ham, as you can see.  He loves to wave (stick his whole arm out straight) at all strangers and become friends with anyone who looks at him longer than 2 seconds.  I think he loves being a Tennessee boy & fitting into this friendly culture!  :)



I am loving it out here as well!  I cook way more than I did in Raleigh, clean more, read more, run more, and spend more time with Jesus. My introverted-self doesn't mind the alone time with Jacob as we run errands and explore new areas in the car.  I am also excited about getting involved in a church to meet more women and plug into people's lives again.  For the past couple years, I'd say I haven't been thriving and I didn't realize this until we moved out here.  I feel like a part of me became alive again and I can't explain why really.  Not sure if I just needed to get out of Raleigh & start over just with our little family or get out of my comfort zone, but I have to say I like life out here.   I love all the new people we've met.  I love spending time with Callie and the girls.  I love going to all the amazing parks with the little guy.  I love the simple, still time I've had with Chris and Jacob, without the busyness of life getting in the way.  And I love being a mom & wife more than I ever have before.   Praise God for new changes that He gives us at the perfect time!   


I just love these 2 crazy guys! :)
They are soooo the SAME, it's scary, ha.


Thank you for all of you who have prayed over this transition for us!!
We have had an amazing month living out here.




No comments:

Post a Comment