Jacob is such a bundle of joy right now! Very much a happy kid. He enjoys life to the fullest, and you can tell from how frequently that smile covers his face. Ok, are you ready to read a novel?? Here is the detail from the doc visit today:
WEIGHT = 23 lbs
HEIGHT = 30 1/4 inches
HEAD = 44 1/2 cm
He is walking a lot more. It took him awhile to realize that it's easier to get around on 2 feet than all 4's. He is pretty wobbly, but he catches himself before he falls more often than I expect. He walks with his arms straight out in the air. He loves to be chased around the room. When Chris gets down on the floor to chase him around the coffee table, you hear the squeal of excitement almost immediately from our little guy. He tries to run the other direction which usually equals a face plant into the couch and then him scooting around the rest of the way to stay clear of Chris. To wave, he still puts his whole arm straight out in the air with fist clamped or hand straight out. He hasn't quite picked up on the fact that you have to move your hand to wave.
I think Jacob has inherited the Sears appetite. We are known for stuffing as much food in our face as fast as possible. At a restaurant, we don't ever ask the waiter to come back because we don't know what we want to order yet. Nope, we're always ready. And I think Jacob has this type of appetite. He loves almost all foods. Cheese, yogurt, spaghetti, fruits, sweet potatoes, peanut butter, chicken, broccoli, cupcakes! Loves them all! He's not a huge fan of green beans or carrots so if you have any suggestions on how to get these goodies in his tummy, please share. Yesterday I made a fruit/vege shake and that seems to be the easiest way to get those healthy veges in him.
Fortunately, our little booger has calmed down on the hair pulling and biting. This results in way less awkwardly placed bruises on my body. At random occasions, I've looked down and seen a nasty-looking blue/green bruise in the middle of my leg for example and wonder where in the world that came from and then it hits me all of a sudden of the moment a few days prior when I pulled my son away because he clamped down with those lovely, razor-sharp teeth he has. :)
He still doesn't understand what 'No' means. If he gets popped on the hand, he still laughs. He has no clue what is going on. For that reason, discipline is a little tricky (or non-existent) these days. I'm sure that will change soon though. The doc told us that 15 - 18 months is when 'No' starts to register and they will respond more to discipline.
Putting Jacob in the carseat might be one of the main sources of stress in my day (I know, I know... I don't live a very stressed life). He wants to quickly flip over and stand up and face forward. The fight is now expected every time we get in the car. He's a quick little guy, too!
Jacob loves new toys. He inspects any object with wheels. He loves being tickled. He's fascinated with cords and pieces of technology. He's happiest when he's outside. He wakes up slow from naps.
One of the joys of being a mom is that you truly know your child. You spend hours with them and you know what makes them happiest. You know what makes them tick and what their expressions mean and how to make them laugh. It is a true joy to serve Jacob and love him and pray over him. I wouldn't trade it for the world! Its an honor to be his mom, to watch him grow and pray for his future wife and to hold him tight while remembering that one day I will let him go. I pray for him to grow into a strong, kind, wise man who is teachable and loves Jesus more than anything... more than me, more than Chris, more than his wife & children. May he grow into a man who truly fears God & heeds advice, who is not wavered by the temptations of this world. May he strive for purity and be gracious. (Can you tell I love praying for that sweet boy).
We love our big boy... no more baby in our house! :)
Aw!! I love watching him walk! Such a sweet boy! Love you friends.
ReplyDelete